Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Housewife Chronicles: Power Breakfast

After one post and 3 years in between, I'm back!! What spurred this comeback is some yogurt I bought at half price at our local SM. Compelling subject I tell you.

3 years later.. I am married for 2 and a half years, have a little toddler and (depending on the time of day) 5-7 pounds heavier! I've been eating healthy so far but I cannot resist taking swipes of hubby's (from now on to be referred as E) delicously prepared breakfast meals..Wink wink! Teeeeheee! So much as my heart aches to be torn away from my beloved rice, I resolved to get back on track and whip up a healthy smoothie for breakfast.

Get ready for some whirling vortex action!

Recipe:

A cup of low fat yogurt (mine's mango)
A splash of 2% milk
Some blueberries
Water to thin it out

Not exactly a recipe but a method. Just put everything in the blender and give it a buzz.

Yum, a filling and yummy treat for me. Good morning!

No comments: